martes, 17 de julio de 2007
2) Are you a team player?
3) What is your philosophy towards work?
4) What irritates you about co-workers?
5) What's your biggest weakness?
6) What position do you prefer on a team working on a project?
7) What is your greatest strength?
8) Are you willing to put the interests of the organization ahead ofyour own?
9) Would you be willing to relocate if required?
10) Tell me about a problem you had with a supervisor
I’m a creative and reliable graphic design student. I’m great working alone or in groups. I also have outstanding computer skills and ample knowledge in computerized programs for design.
Studying at the moment graphic design in URBE, Zulia.
- Web Design (HTML and CSS language)
- Digital Design
- Photo edition (Using Adobe Photoshop)
- Drawing (digital drawing as well as hand drawing)
- Use of the Color
- Use of most of the programs from the Adobe Family such as Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- English as second language and Spanish as maternal one.
Find a great work in a company where I can grow as graphic designer and also contribute with my knowledge and creativity.
Design of Web pages and Logos for different Companies.
Design of multimedia tools for promotion.
High School Graduated at Bellas Artes School.
Studying at the moment the 7th Semester of Graphic Design in the Rafael Belloso University.
Playing Video Games
Reading fantasy and mythology
viernes, 6 de julio de 2007
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented user interface designer experienced with both web and client-based application UI design to help us plan and realize future online projects. The UI designer's primary role will be to visualize application process flows and create UI mockups based on project requirements, iterative and collaborative design discussions, usability testing, etc. The ideal candidate has strong ideas on optimum UI layout and has the graphic design and prototyping skills necessary to represent these ideas in a visually convincing way. The ability to create interactive prototypes in Flash is a big plus. Excellent oral and written communications skills are a must as the UI designer will need to clearly present ideas to various groups and help build consensus on a single UI direction.
- Extensive experience developing user interface flows and mockups for web and client applications based on project and business requirements
- Graphic design skills with Adobe Photoshop or equivalent application
- Awareness of current trends in UI design, interactive design, and competitive software to identify opportunities to enhance the user experience
- Ability to observe, understand, and translate research (field observation, contextual interviewing, task analysis, usability testing, competitive analyses, industry trends, social trends, and stakeholder interviews) to actionable insights and user interface improvements
- Ability to manage and act as UI lead on specific projects, including taking ownership of project deadlines and deliverables
- Strong oral and written communication skills; good analytic and problem solving skills; an understanding of user-centered design principles; knowledge of industry best practices and standards; ability to communicate professionally within and outside of the design team
- Game industry experience designing UI for software titles
- Prototyping skills with tools such as Adobe Flash
- Advanced artistic and graphic design skills with Adobe Photoshop or equivalent application
- Experience managing a small team
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with art samples attached or a link to an online portfolio in the body of the email.
July 6, 2007
Blizzard Human Resources
Dear Mr. Jack Sterling
I am writing to express my interest in User Interface Designer position as advertised on http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/. I have more than five years developing user interface flows and mockups for web and client applications, and I’m skilled in the use of all this programs:
I’ve work with UI design before so I keep myself informed about the current trends to make a better work and also recognize possible flaws. I’m really good working as part of a team and also as leader.
I’ve always wanted to work on a big video game company and since I enjoy deeply the games you’ve created I think this would be the perfect job for me.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an interview, I can be reached at (0261) 7410430 Thank you for your time.
Sincerely, Yamila Souki Méndez